We are expanding our CSA by going through our waiting list right now. If you’d like to be added to our waiting list, please fill out this form.
Here’s some information about our CSA:
We offer three distinct CSA seasons–Spring, Summer and Fall. In our CSA, members can come to either our Humboldt Park plot (2825 W Chicago Ave), The Plant (1400 W 46th St), or our market tables at Andersonville Market or 61st St to pick up their vegetables. The pick up days are Saturdays, Tuesdays, or Wednesday. Members must commit to one day, and pick up their vegetables on that day all year. Our shares are priced on a sliding scale so that members can pay what makes the most sense for their budget.
Our Spring season share will run for 7 weeks during May and
June. That season will bring lettuces, micro greens, braising greens, baby greens, herbs, radishes,
scallions, and some other early delights. The suggested cost for a share in our
Spring CSA is $105-$175 plus tax.
Our Summer share will run for 13 weeks during July, August and
September. Since this is the bountiful season, the bags will be larger during this season. During this season we will offer everything in our garden–zucchini (and cousins), eggplants, peppers, tomatoes, greens, melons, herbs, edible flowers, corn, lettuces, broccoli–everything we think you’ll like! The suggested cost is from $260-$390 plus tax.
Our Fall share will run for 7 weeks during October and November. This season will offer more storage
items, heartier greens, as well as some of the same quick growers that
Spring offered. There will be potatoes, winter squash, pumpkins,
popcorn, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, lettuces, scallions, herbs, kale,
etc and canned treats, too. The suggested cost is $105-$175 plus tax.
We now also offer a SNAP CSA membership.
The CSA runs for all three seasons, 27 weeks total, and costs $300 in SNAP payments. The payments will be spread across 24 payments of $12.50 Due to special funding, our farm will receive $600 for the share.
We also a number of optional add-ons with our CSA that you will pick up when you pick up your veggies:
* Flowers by Patchwork Farms – Last year we finally planted flower beds and this year we will be expanding them. Our arrangements have a local and wild flavor that you can’t find at many floral shops. This year you can sign up to get a bouquet every other week in the Summer and/or Fall season. Each week will cost $7/bouquet. Summer (7 weeks) = $49, Fall (4 weeks) = $28
* Mushrooms by Chicago Mushroom Company – Chicago Mushroom Company is a new and exciting farm starting up inside the Plant! They are offering a 1/2 lb oyster mushroom add-on. They will be growing 4 different varieties, all with their own unique flavor subtitles. Oyster Mushrooms have a delicate, mild flavor with a velvety texture and can be eaten raw or cooked. Oyster mushrooms contain an antioxidant called ergothioneine, which decreases inflammation in the body. They are also great sources of protein, fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin D and folate. They are priced on the sliding scale of $5-8/week You can sign up for every week or every other week, pricing as follows. Every other week: Spring (4 weeks) = $20-$32, Summer (6 weeks) = $30-$48, AND/OR Fall (4 weeks) = $20-$32. Every week: Spring = $35-$56, Summer = $65 – $104, Fall = $35 – $56
* Eggs and Meat from Mint Creek Farm – Mint Creek Farm is operates on 220 certified-organic acres in Stelle, IL. Their pastures are home to sheep, cows, pigs, goats, turkeys, chickens, and ducks. All these farm animals grazing together symbiotically on perennial pastures bring back biodiversity and fertility to the land.
– Meat add-on: You receive 1 pound of meat every week for $14/week. Spring = $98, Summer = $182, Fall = $98
– Eggs add-on: One dozen eggs = $7/week, Half dozen = $4/week. Full dozen : Spring = $49, Summer = $91, Fall = $49. Half dozen: Spring = $28, Summer = $52, Fall = $28.
* Tilapia Filets by Metropolitan Farms – This is the most local fish in town – grown right on Chicago avenue in Metropolitan Farms’ aquaponic greenhouse! These Tilapia fillets are far superior to commercial imports, raised in clean conditions without hormones or anti-biotics and inspected 3 times throughout their life for health. Fresh frozen hours from harvest. Each CSA package contains between 2 and 3 fillets with average package weight between 3/4 – 1 lbs. Professionally butchered and de-scaled. They will be available all three seasons, every week or every other week, for $10/week. Spring = $70 or $30, Summer = $130 or $70, and Fall = $70 or $30
*Herbs by Dirty Farm – Dirty Farm features medicinal and culinary herbs, grown with natural forces and without the use of harsh agricultural chemicals. Many of the herbs grown on Dirty Farm are unique, overlooked, and even forgotten. The land is tended and loved by herbalist and life-long farmer Brittney Rigterink. They will be available all three seasons, every week or every other week, for $3/week. Spring = $21 or $12, Summer = $39 or $18, Spring = $21 or $12
Also, many of our friends have amazing farms who are looking for more CSA members this year, check out the following sites:
And/or, search for a new CSA with these sites: